The things we should... esprit d'escalier!

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Some news

So, Dad had a heart attack on Sunday.

He's fine, but incredibly bored. He should be released from the hospital (BryanLGH in Lincoln, NE) Tuesday or Wednesday.

I know that there were murmurings of having him be on this blog, and I'm sure he'd appreciate the invite, and also emails. His address is be21314(at)alltel.net

Sorry for my lack of activity here. Been doing... other stuff... yeah.

You can prolly get more details on my blog.

-- RawkStah

1 Comments:

  • GB, What a sobering post, I appreciate that you shared this with us.

    I am struck by the support that your old man gives you through his comments on your blog. In fact, I am somewhat jealous.

    Here is the kind of feedback and support that I get from my dad, and I will put it in a 1-act Play, a la Rawkstah:

    Dad: Son, I am concerned that you do not dress appropriately for your profession. You need to dress the way your superiors do.
    Me: That would mean dressing like a college dean, which means a tailored suit every day.
    Dad: You won't get anywhere in life dressing like a bum.
    Me: Thanks, Dad.
    Dad: Son, can you tell me how much you are paying for slacks?
    Me: Probably about $30.
    Dad: Son, that is not an appropriate amount, you need to double that.

    I wish that I was making this up, but this is a conversation that I had less than a year ago. And yes, I was already the department chair when we had this conversation. I bust out laughing every time I think of this conversation, because he sounds like the Crank Yanker character (Niles Standish?) who says "can you do me a favor, and double it?!!"

    I should say that the next time I buy a pair of $35 slacks at JC Penny.

    --gh

    By Blogger BlackLineFish, at 2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home