The things we should... esprit d'escalier!

Saturday, October 16, 2004

MY SUBMISSION FOR FAMILY CIRCUS PHOTOSHOP #3...

Since G-Had is fond of quoting The Deer Hunter...

By the way, I did a search for what type of font Bil Keane uses, with WhatTheFont. Pretty nice utility....I didn't get any solid matches, really, but one of the 4 "matches" was called 'Cheltenham,' which I just found out two days ago is the name of the town in England my supervisor from NGS lives in now. Talk about coincidences!




-m

1 Comments:

  • Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for the DH reference, I saw that movie when it came out (impressionable age and stuff) so I think about it about 40x more than the movie Contact. (I hope Jen doesn't get mad at that reference, we really weren't making fun of her, we were making fun of what she said.)

    Anyway, as a kid, I never understood the whole hunting part of the movie, or the elongated wedding scene. It could be edited down. Just like the Redux version of Apocalypse Now, those new parts add NOTHING to the story. I also have to agree with my brother on the fact that Brando almost ruins the movie.

    Back to DH, I can almost see Billy yelling at PJ to just pull the trigger, and a North Vietnamese regular shouting "Mau!" I looked up "mau" on the internet and found that it has a meaning like the Nike slogan, "Do it!"

    --gh

    By Blogger BlackLineFish, at 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home