The things we should... esprit d'escalier!

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Canadia

Yeah. I would appreciate clarification on direction capitalization, too, since this will all come into play for my thesis. The rule I've been following (purely of my own invention) is to not capitalize it when it's adjective-fying a placename (northwestern Missouri), but capitalize it when it's nounish (...go West). But I think I'm missing something. What about "west of the Mississippi?"

I guess my rule is based on major form classes.

I'm sure you've all seen Marry An American.com by now. Just a random Canadian reference...

No..if you want Canadian hits, you should mention Tom Higgins' resignation from the Edomonton Eskimos, or you could talk about the 10 most violent, brutal, vicious fights in hockey history.

-m

1 Comments:

  • I appreciate the need for the gloves to come off and a few teeth to be lost every once in a while. Hockey is an amazing sport, a glorious sport for kings, but it is so fast the officials just can't see everything. A well placed hit is enough to keep most of the league in order. The code of the ice actually makes the game more humane.

    --gh

    (That'll bring em in.)

    By Blogger BlackLineFish, at 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home